In July of 1969, three astronauts on board Apollo 11 rocketed into space. The result would be one of the greatest achievements in exploration in history – the landing – and walking – on the moon.
This episode chronicles the events of the moon landing, focusing on the three astronauts – Neil Armstrong, Michael Collins and Buzz Aldrin.
Also, regarding this episode. The Explorers Podcast would like to give a huge thank you to Mr. Ross Arbour. Ross is a fan of the show, and a history buff. Ross, who is a news writer in Canada, offered to write the script for this episode – and we were thrilled with the result. So thanks to friend of the podcast Ross Arbour, who made this episode possible.
- Apollo Expeditions to the Moon – NASA
- A Man on the Moon: Voyages of the Apollo Astronauts – Andrew Chaikin
- Magnificent Desolation – Buzz Aldrin
- Carrying the Fire – Michael Collins
- First Man: The Life of Neil A. Armstrong – James Hansen
- NASA History Office – NASA.gov
- Smithsonian Air & Space Museum – smithsonian.org
- Air & Space Magazine – airspacemag.com
- Apollo 11 – CCN Films & Neon Films
- 13 Minutes to the Moon – BBC Radio
All images courtesy of Wikipedia.